Model Shalom Harlow calls this homemade face mask (only 2 ingredients
required!) "moisturizing and soothing."
Prep Time: 2 minutes
- <LI class=ingredient>2 egg whites, separated from the yolk and placed in a bowl
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt (I like Greek yogurt)
Separate the egg whites from a couple eggs and place them in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt (do not use flavored yogurt!). Mix them up and apply to face. Leave on face for a few minutes then rinse face in warm water, followed by a warm washcloth.
Oatmeal and Yogurt Face Mask
This face mask is suitable for all skin types and is super simple to prepare. It will cleanse and rejuvenate your skin.
Prep Time: 3 minutes
- <LI class=ingredient>1 tbsp oatmeal, finely ground <LI class=ingredient>1 tbsp live, organic yogurt (skip the flavored stuff)
- A few drops of honey
Add the yogurt to the oatmeal in a small bowl and mix together.
Warm a few drop of honey. To do this, warm a spoon under hot water for a minute, then add a few drops of honey to the spoon.
Stir the honey into the yogurt and oatmeal mixture. Apply the mask to the face. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse off with several splashes of warm water. Follow with a warm washcloth.
Yogurt Face Mask for All Skin Types
This simple (only two ingredients!) cooling mask is great for soothing a sunburnt face. It's great for all skin types.
<H3>Prep Time: 2 hours</H3><H3 id=rI>Ingredients:</H3>
- <LI class=ingredient>1 tbsp natural yogurt, room temperature (not lowfat or non-fat)
- 1 tsp runny honey (microwave for a few minutes to soften hardened honey)
Let sit for 15 minutes.
Wash face with steaming washcloth.
For dry skin, use an extra tsp of honey.
Oily skin? Add a few drops of fresh lime juice.
<H1>Banana Mask for Oily Skin
This is a soothing face mask and great if you have bananas around the house.
- <LI class=ingredient>1 banana, preferably ripe (you can keep ripe bananas in the freezer. Let it thaw before using) <LI class=ingredient>1 tbsp honey
- An orange or a lemon
Mix the banana and honey together.
Add a few drops of juice from an orange or a lemon.
Apply to face for 15 minutes before rinsing with a cool washcloth or a steaming warm washcloth.
Avocado Face Mask for Dry Skin
Avocados and honey are particularly moisturizing. This mask is particularly great for mature, wrinkled and dry skin. It's best to use a ripe, fresh, organic avocado. Make sure to mash it up into a creamy pulp.
- <LI class=ingredient>½ avocado
- ¼ cup honey
A classic recipe for dry skin. Mash the avocado in a bowl, then stir in honey.
Apply to skin and leave for 10 minutes.
Rinse face with a cool washcloth.