Bananas are known for being high in potassium, one of the essential minerals that help regulate heartbeat, normal growth, muscle-building, and fluid balance in the body.
. It is also important for bone strength, as optimal intake of potassium reduces loss of calcium in urine, which in turn minimizes the risk of kidney stones.
Potassium helps to oxygenate the brain. Studies have shown that the potassium-rich fruit can improve learning by making students more alert.
Bananas are rich in iron, which is needed for the production of hemoglobin to make red blood cells
Apples have been found to help prevent the growth of prostate cancer cells thanks to Quercetin; which is a type of flavonoid in the apples.
Help keep your bones nice and strong, especially with older women struggling with osteoporosis.
They are an easy way to lower your cholesterol; apples are high in pectin which can help slow or stop the amount of LDL cholesterol into your body.
Kinds of Apples
* Red Delicious - The most popular American apple which is a great easy snack any time of the day.
* Granny Smith - This is the most durable apple you can get, it has a long natural ****f life and is great for *****ng.
* Gala Apples - My personal favorite (great in the MG Tuna melt).
* Golden Delicious - Used usually for making apple pie, they are not related to the Red Delicious apple however.
* Other less known types include: Mcintosh, Rome and Gravenstein apples.