Today i tried this morning buns and i was really happy when i see that results were good...even i didn't follow the recipe as it is but i did what i had and also what i like..
really i advise you to try it .....you will be grateful and never regret it
here is a picture of my buns
the recipe and the method is also available in arabic in the *****ng forum ...check it too.
and then comes the recipe as i foud in the internet....
How To Make Morning Buns
morning Buns Recipe. Tasty, satisfying buns which are extremely versatile and great to enjoy at breakfast, lunch or tea. Savour our Morning Buns recipe.
Step 1: You will need
- 17 ½ oz flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2⁄3 oz butter
- 7⁄8 oz sugar
- 1⁄3 oz fresh yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 9 1⁄3 fl oz milk
- 1 ¾ oz flour for dusting
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 mixer with the hook attachment
- 1 tea towel
- 1 baking tray lined with greaseproof paper
- 1 bowl
- 1 brush
- Makes 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 hour 40 minutes
- *****ng Time:
- 15 minutes
- Oven Temperature:
- 370° f - 190° c
- Step 2: Make the dough
Start by getting the mixer ready as we're going to use it to make the dough.
- Add to the bowl the flour, the pinch of salt, sugar, yeast, egg yolk, butter and finally pour in the milk.
- Now on a slow speed mix the ingredients for about 5 minutes.
- It's likely that the dough will become caught on the hook so after 5 minutes stop and ease it off with your hands.
- Then, mix again on a medium speed for a further 3 minutes.
- Lift the hook up, remove any dough caught on it, then take the dough out of the bowl.
- Finally, dust some flour over a flat surface, put the dough in the centre and knead it with the palm of your hand. This will give it more texture and strength.
- Knead for about 1 minute until the dough gets a velvety texture.
- Step 3: Leave the dough to rise
Place the dough in a bowl, cover it with a tea towel and leave it in a warm place to rise.
- This should take about an hour.
- Step 4: Make the buns
Firstly, punch the dough down into the bowl to remove the air and peel it out.
- Then dust a flat surface with flour and place the dough on top
- Now cut it lengthways
- and across four times to make 10 buns.
- Now take one of the buns and roll it into a long strip. Then hold both ends and tie it into a knot.
- Repeat this with five of the buns.
- Make the other five into rounded buns.
- Do this by folding each bun into itself and then rolling it into a ball.
- Step 5: Leave the buns to rise
Place the buns on the baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and cover them with the tea towel.
- Then leave them to rise for 20 minutes.
- Step 6:
Preheat the oven to 190ºC or gas mark 5.
- Step 7: Prepare the buns for baking
After 20 minutes have passed, or when the buns have doubled in size we need to prepare them before baking.
- Using a brush, generously coat each of the buns with the egg wash.
- Then sprinkle over the sesame seeds .
- Step 8: Bake the buns
Place the baking tray in the centre of the oven and bake the buns for 15 minutes.
- Step 9: Remove and serve
When golden brown, remove the buns from the oven and serve while warm.
- You can enjoy them alone with butter or try an endless list of fillings,
- from tuna and red onion to chocolate spread.